Life After a Stroke
At CareMatch, we understand that the effects of a stroke can be long lasting, and they affect every sufferer differently, and the impact on someone’s life varies hugely from person to person. We know that strokes present enormous physical and practical challenges, but psychological ones as well, to both Care Receivers and those around them. Our trained Carer Members have specialist experience in looking after clients who have suffered a stroke, and they are able to offer the necessary level of support (whether it’s visiting Home Care for a few hours a week or full time Live-in Care) to help a Care Receiver cope and ensure they can lead as normal life as possible. We understand that the help our Carer Members provide must be tailored specifically to a Care Receiver’s needs, and we are able to offer the specialised help and support a Care Receiver’s condition requires.
Many individuals who have suffered a stroke feel more comfortable receiving care at home so that they’re not separated from family, friends and their familiar surroundings. Adapting to life after a stroke can be extremely challenging, particularly if Care Receivers have lost the ability to do certain things for themselves. Losing this element of independence can have a real impact on a Care Receiver’s mental wellbeing, and can be very distressing for their loved ones and those around them. At CareMatch, we know that stroke victims may have more complex needs and require extra patience and assistance with very simple tasks, especially immediately following the stroke. It can be hugely beneficial to Care Receivers who have suffered a stroke to have a familiar face around the house, who is there to provide regular reassurance and companionship as well as physical and practical care. Our highly-skilled Carer Members are able to offer high quality care at home, including palliative and end of life care where necessary, to try and reduce the impact that the symptoms have on a Care Receiver’s life, so that they can experience the most comfortable care journey possible.
If you are the regular care giver for someone who has suffered a stroke, we understand that it is easy to feel emotional, overwhelmed and alone. At CareMatch, our team of experienced Carer Members are on hand to offer help and support, so that you don’t feel you are caring for someone by yourself, and the Care Receiver can have the best care journey possible.
What does stroke care include?
It totally depends on a client’s symptoms. These are some of the things that our highly experienced Carer Members can help with.
- Help with administering medication if necessary
- Low-support medical care
- Personal care, such as help with getting dressed, going to the toilet, having a bath or eating a meal
- Mobility support and physical assistance, including help with things like eating
- Mental support and reassurance
- Companionship - Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference. It can help to have a friendly face around the house who is there for a cup of tea and a chat as well as to offer more physical support
- Help with household tasks, such as the laundry, cooking meals or walking the dog
- Running essential errands, for example collecting your medication or doing a food shop
- Overnight Care - If Care Receivers who have suffered a stroke wake up in the night, they can be very distressed and confused when they do and unable to get out of bed on their own. Our Carer Members are on hand to offer help and reassurance during the night to ensure a Care Receiver’s safety and alleviate any anxieties or discomfort
- Respite Care - If you are a Care Receiver’s regular care giver, and you need some extra support or some time off, our team of Carer Members can step in and help and give you the peace of mind knowing that your Care Receiver is receiving the high quality of care they are used to
Our specialist Carer Members have the necessary training and experience in working with Care Receivers who have suffered a stroke to ensure a high-quality care service that is tailored to them and their needs specifically. At CareMatch, we know that every moment counts, and we strive to enable our Care Receivers to live as independently as possible, at home for as long as they can.
It's quick and easy to find a carer - start receiving the care you deserve by searching for a carer today.FIND CARER